Policies and Employee handbook
Ayadi Green Clean
We have always stressed that outstanding people unified in a group effort, are the key to our success. Through the efforts of our employees, Ayadi Green Clean has become a recognized leader in the Commercial and Residential Cleaning Service in this community.
Our consistent success and growth, it is essential that all employees understand our policies and subscribed methods. This employee handbook will accustom you with the many policies of Ayadi Green Clean. We hope you will use it as a valuable resource and reference for understanding the company. Specific policies will change from time to time; please check with the manager for any changes. Invariably questions will arise; please do not hesitate to discuss them with your supervisor or any member of management.
Please keep in mind that your employment is with the mutual consent of both you and the company. Both have the right to terminate employment and employment relationship. This employment-at-will relationship will be in effect throughout employment with Ayadi Green Clean unless it is changed by an agreement signed by you and [Owner’s Name] of Ayadi Green Clean.
One more important thought: We all talk about working hard—and we all do—but it takes more than talk. It takes energy and effort to be the best. However, we all believe in having fun as we work. The attitude and atmosphere of our Commercial and Residential Cleaning Company lend itself to this. We will expect a lot from you but feel you will receive much in return.
Ayadi Green Clean was founded in July 13, 2019 and is owned and managed by [Owner’s Name]. The foundation of our approach is based on the following three principles: Quality, Trust, and Reliability. We strive to create long-lasting relationships with our clients that are built on our exceptional service and our dedication to excellence.
We also proudly standby our commitment to provide a professional, value-oriented experience that is always backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our green-clean practices and products also deliver healthy outcomes for families and staff, as well as the environment
We cannot stress how important it is to come to work with the proper working attitude. Leave your personal problems outside the door. No one needs them—it only hurts the effectiveness of each individual and the service and efficiency of the whole operation. If you do have problems which you feel are hurting your performance, please discuss them with the manager. Communication can often remedy problems.
It is essential to try to be at work at least fifteen minutes ahead of your scheduled shift. Please be punctual and be sure of your schedule. Despite the enjoyable environment in which we work, it is a job—not a game. Schedule your day so you can be on time and productive while you work. Be aware that being late or misreading your schedule and not coming to work causes a hardship on your fellow workers as well as the office you are cleaning. Excuses might make you feel better, but they don’t ever lessen the load for the other people covering for you.
Your hygiene is critical. Excessively long or sloppy hair is unacceptable. You should be neatly groomed every time you come to work. Baths, deodorants, mouthwashes, and colognes are all known to be protective measures. Your hands and fingernails are especially noticeable and should always be clean. Open sores must always be bandaged.
Each employee will be instructed as to the designated uniform to be worn for their department. This uniform must always be worn and with all the accessories issued. Please regard the uniforms as if they were your own and return them in good condition when you do leave the company. Questions relating to your uniform should be addressed to [Owner’s Name]. Employees should not carry cash, wallets, or purses at any time while they are at their work stations.
- Name badges must always be worn and be visible
- Clothing must be clean and free of holes
- Tank-tops, jogging pants, and similar apparel are not permitted
- Close-toed shoes must always be worn while on the job
- Facial piercings must be removed while at work (including tongue piercings), spacers can be worn in their place. Earrings must be small studs.
- Hair shoulder length or longer must be tied back in a ponytail
- Shorts will be allowed on days that the outside temperature reaches 25 Celsius and must be close to knee length
- Capri’s are permitted but must cover at least 50% of the lower leg to be allowed
Employee Training is an integral part of your job. Make sure you regard it that way. Be prompt and, if appropriate, have a pencil and paper to jot down notes. Training is an ongoing process that is required by all employees of Ayadi Green Clean.
Our customers are the most responsive bosses in the world. Satisfy them, and they are all smiles. Disappoint them, and they will probably go elsewhere and not tell you why. We expect all our employees to be friendly and considerate. Our performance is evaluated every day by each customer on the following criteria:
- Are we honest in our desire to serve the customer?
- Do we take pride in our job?
- Do we consistently provide quality service and products to our customer?
- Do we realize and appreciate the fact that every customer is our true boss?
Following the philosophy that the customer is treated as a guest, we have adopted the “never say no” policy in handling customer requests. All employees, including management, have a responsibility to the customer, to recognize him or her as the basis of our business. Without the customer, nothing happens. The customer must be accorded the same respect and courtesy that each of our employees is entitled to and demands. Above all, the customer should be entitled to anything we can do to make him, or her feel at ease, wanted, and needed.
We want every employee to orient his or her thinking to the policy that we will put forth our total effort to ensure customer satisfaction of the best product and service available. It is equally essential the management be made aware of any complaint or dissatisfaction immediately so that corrective measures can be taken to remove the risk of similar complaints and to properly reinforce in the customers’ eyes our dedication to satisfying.
MANAGEMENT’S OPEN-DOOR POLICY
You are always welcome to meet with any member of the management team at a mutually agreeable time. We are very interested in your input, suggestions, or work-related problems. This communication will help us become a better company for both employees and our customers.
If you have any suggestions or ideas that you feel would benefit Ayadi Green Clean, we will encourage you to tell us about them. We are always looking for suggestions that improve methods, procedures and working conditions, reduce costs or errors, and benefit the company and its employees.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT POLICY
This company is committed to a firm policy of equal employment opportunity. We ensure an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, or medical condition. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment with Ayadi Green Clean including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, job benefits, disciplinary action, and social and recreational activities.
All employees are expected to demonstrate respect and courtesy toward every employee, customer, and supplier, as well as uphold our commitment towards our equal opportunity objectives.
EMPLOYMENT OF MINORS
All minors (under the age of 18 years of age) are required by law to provide a valid work permit, high school diploma or acceptable equivalency, before them being employed. The company will be restricted by the terms and conditions of the work permit and any federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
EMPLOYMENT OF RELATIVES
Relatives of current employees of Ayadi Green Clean will be considered for employment. We have no restriction against hiring family members. However, family members will not be hired into positions or departments where they supervise or are supervised by another family member, except where indicated or modified by either provincial or federal law.
Mention any defective equipment to the management. Don’t wait until a handle falls off before telling the manager it is loose.
- Each person is responsible for the security of his or her assigned area.
- Never give the keys to any unauthorized person.
- Keep all doors locked unless instructed otherwise by your supervisor. Do not unlock doors for exit or entry for any unauthorized person.
- Be sure all lights are turned off in areas not being cleaned or otherwise in use.
- Any employee found looking at/or reading any customer’s papers, or opening customer’s desks, cabinets, or drawers will be subject to immediate dismissal.
- Keys are not to be taken home nor duplicated or otherwise removed from the premises without written authority from Ayadi Green Clean.
- If your employment with Ayadi Green Cleanends, any keys must be returned to the office within twenty-four hours, or you will be charged the maximum penalty allowed by law.
- An employee found using any equipment without permission that belongs to the customer will be subject to immediate dismissal. (Including computers, TV’ radios, etc.)
- An employee sleeping on the job is subject to immediate termination.
- An employee found stealing is subject to immediate dismissal.
- No family members or visitors are allowed at the job site unless prior approval is given.
- No loitering at the work site before or after your shift.
Any sexual, racial, or other forms of harassment are prohibited by Ayadi Green Clean as well as by provincial and federal law. We are committed to providing a workplace that is free of discrimination of any kind. Any person making unwelcome sexual advances, unwanted sexual flirtations, graphic sexual comments about another, requests for sexual favors, unnecessary touching of an individual, and other such verbal or physical conduct creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment by such behavior may be terminated immediately.
Ayadi Green Clean expects employees to be at work on time and to work a full shift. This is a customer-oriented company and punctuality and reliability are essential in meeting the demands of our customers.
Reporting absences or tardiness:
- Employees are required to call the office two hours before the start of their shift if they are going to report an absence or be late.
Failure to notify the office by these times may result in disciplinary action. Ayadi Green Clean has 24-hour live service.
Please dial [Phone number] if you will be absent and the office is closed. Any employees who do not report to work and fails to call in (No Call/No Show) for two consecutive scheduled work days will be considered a voluntary quit from Parkside Cleaning Services.
Employees with a frequent absence record may be required to document the reasons or provide a doctor’s written excuse for long-term work missed. Employees will be required to bring in a doctor’s note for an absence of three or more consecutive days. Employees will be required to provide a doctor’s note after an absence, regardless of length, upon the request of a supervisor.
- 1 Absences (unexcused) Verbal Warning
- 2 Absences (unexcused) Written Warning
- 3 Absences (unexcused) Termination
Ayadi Green Clean Services reserves the right to advance to immediate termination and is in no way bound by the above-described progressive disciplinary system for absenteeism. Disciplinary action for attendance issues will be enforced on a six-month rolling period.
An excused absence or tardy occurs when all the following are met. All other absences will be considered excused:
- The employee provides enough notice (as defined above) to his/her supervisor
- The supervisor finds the reason for the lack to be credible or acceptable
- Absence request is approved by the supervisor
If an employee’s performance or conduct is determined by the Company to be unsatisfactory or inappropriate, the Parkside may take one or more of the following actions:
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning and Suspension (without pay)
Appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge, is determined by the Company based on the seriousness of the offense, as well as individual circumstances involved. The above-listed disciplinary actions should in no way be considered a progressive discipline system. The Company need not progress through verbal warnings, written warnings, or suspensions before discharging an employee. However, an employee’s past disciplinary record will be considered in the determination of the proper action.
All accidents, injuries, or illnesses occurring at work should be reported immediately to your supervisor, and the office first thing the next morning. The Company insures you for accidental injuries under WSIB. Eligibility for WSIB can only be determined after an investigation of the circumstances surrounding a reported injury or illness.
In case of injury on the job, notify your supervisor or the office and:
- For serious injuries, an ambulance will be called, or you will be taken by car to the emergency room of the nearest hospital.
- An accident report will be filled out as required by law.
- The cause of the accident will be investigated, and corrections made to prevent a recurrence.
In all instances, if you must remain off work because of an injury, keep the office informed of your progress and when you expect to return to work.
New employees are subject to a ninety (90)-day initial period to learn procedures and assess their capabilities and suitability to their job. This also allows new employees the same opportunity to evaluate Ayadi Green Clean as a place to work. This time frame does not obligate the company to retain the employee until the end of this period.
Employees will be notified of their work schedule as soon as they are hired. The workplace and reporting time/date are always the same unless notified otherwise. Please contact your supervisor to determine holidays and how they affect your work schedule.
Should changes in the work schedule be required to accommodate the company’s needs, employees will be notified of the changes at least 2 hours in advance. If for some uncontrollable reason you find you are going to be late for your shift, call the manager as early as possible and explain your problem. These problems can then be anticipated, and solutions found. Employees who are late or are excessively absent might be considered for disciplinary action, which could include termination. Ayadi Green Clean will think that you have voluntarily quit if you do not show up for two consecutive scheduled shifts.
As you can imagine, it is challenging to schedule a business around the needs of its employees. If it is vital that you have a day or days off, note the day or days requested in advance to the person doing the scheduling or your manager. Every effort will be made to change the schedule. However, just asking a change doesn’t mean it will be approved. All schedule changes must be approved by the management.
- Full-time employees are scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week.
- Part-time employees are scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week.
- Temporary employees are hired to cover short term needs for a set amount of time.
Although you have been hired to perform specific duties, there may be times when your supervisor assigns you to a different job or different location. This becomes necessary when illness, terminations, or other reasons create vacancies. Your ability to adjust under these circumstances is essential to providing the best possible service to our customers. Ayadi Green Clean, retains the option to assign an employee to any available work assignment. Work assignments can be limited to specific locations based upon the employee’s criminal background, physical abilities, special skills, client’s individual needs, etc. Employees can be restricted from working at specific client locations for any reason, including rules/restrictions set forth by the client.
WAGE AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS
Wage and performance evaluations are given on a semi-annual basis. Wage increases vary depending on the Company’s financial position, performance, attendance, and quality of work, etc. Wage increases are not guaranteed and will be provided at the absolute discretion of the Company.
PAYCHECKS AND DEDUCTIONS
All employees will be paid once every other Thursday (bi-weekly). You will be compensated for the work done the previous two (2) weeks, based on your annual salary or the number of hours you worked. Ayadi Green Clean pay week runs from Sunday from midnight to Saturday at 11:59 pm. If there are errors on your paycheck, notify the office immediately so the mistake can be corrected.
Ayadi Green Clean uses checks to pay all employees. If an employee has their check stolen, lost, undelivered, or their account is no longer valid they will be required to have a stop payment put on their cheque and will need to stop into the office and sign a form stating they acknowledge this needs to be done. The employee will also be responsible for paying the stop payment fee that may be associated. This fee will come out of their paycheck.
Deductions from your pay are those required by law and those you authorize. The amounts deducted depending on your salary, and the number of exemptions claimed on your W-4 tax form.
Deductions may include:
- Federal Income Tax
- Provincial Income Tax
- Insurance Premiums
If employment between the individual and Ayadi Green Clean has ended the employee’s last check will be a manual check and be available for pickup when they return all keys, badges, and other property of Ayadi Green Clean or their clients.
VACATIONS AND HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
All employees are eligible for vacation pay after their first year of employment with Ayadi Green Clean. Vacation pay is earned at 1.25 days per quarter. This equates to one “work week” per year of paid vacation time.
Employees dismissed or electing to leave the Company before one year of employment are not eligible for any paid vacation. Vacation time may not be carried over into the following year. Vacation pay is based on your average work week hours.
If you average 25 hours a week, then you will be paid 25 hours a week for your vacation pay. This vacation time may be used any time after the first year with at least two weeks’ notice.
The Holiday Schedule is as follows:
- Ayadi Green Cleanwill pay holiday pay after one year of employment. Holiday pay is equal to the hourly wage currently being received and paid only on those days usually scheduled to work.
- The following paid holidays will be observed: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Employees who do not report to work on the day before, or the next scheduled workday following the holiday, without prior approval or a doctor’s excuse, will not be paid for the holiday. If a holiday falls on a weekend, the holiday may be observed on the closest Friday or Monday, or the customary day.
If you are an hourly employee, you are eligible for overtime pay. You will receive time and one-half for all hours worked over 40 hours per week.
There is a NO Pay Advance at Ayadi Green Clean.
Ayadi Green Clean does not currently provide medical/health insurance to its employees. Employees wishing to obtain this coverage should consider the Blue Cross as a source of a private healthcare option.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION (WSIB)
The company pays 100% of this critical coverage. This insurance covers work-related injuries or illnesses. All injuries must be reported to either your supervisor or the manager as soon as they occur.
The company and its insurance carrier may not be responsible for the payment of workers’ compensation benefits for an injury which arises out of an employee’s voluntary participation in any off-duty recreational, social or athletic activity which is not part of the employee’s work-related duties.
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT INSURANCE
On your behalf, the company pays unemployment insurance to both the provincial and federal government. These unemployment taxes are the basis of the funds that will assist you with unemployment benefits should you become eligible.
LEAVES OF ABSENCE
A leave of absence is an extended period absent from work without loss of employment. They must be approved by management in advance. A leave of absence is without pay and subject to both provincial and federal law.
MEDICAL LEAVE—A leave of absence due to a medical condition will require a doctor’s written statement indicating the medical necessity for the leave of absence as well as the estimated time needed.
MATERNITY LEAVE— Ayadi Green Clean will issue a leave of absence without pay for medical complications associated with pregnancy. Maximum leave is 12 months. Please submit your request in writing, including your doctor’s written statement.
We maintain current personnel files on all employees. It is essential to keep your records up to date. All the information you provide us will be kept confidential. Please notify [Owner’s name] if there are changes in your address, phone number, marital status, W-4 changes, etc.
CELL PHONES & TEXT MESSAGING
Cell phone use is designated for emergency only. Random text messaging and phone calls are not condoned. Please leave your cell phones in the janitor’s closet or your vehicle. Failure to comply with this policy will result in disciplinary actions and possible dismissal.
JURY DUTY LEAVE— We encourage all employees to serve on jury panels when asked. If you are to serve on a jury, please provide written proof to your manager. You will be granted a leave of absence, without pay, to serve on the panel, as required by law.
GENERAL COMPANY RULES
Detailed below are basic policy examples which were implemented to enhance our business for everyone involved. This list does not encompass every policy or rule. Failure to fully comply with the intent of these basic policies may result in termination of your employment with the company:
- Please arrive on time and ready to work. Don’t arrive at work combing your hair or fixing your uniform. Try to be thoughtful and considerate to your fellow workers and customers. Remember, we are in the “people” business.
- Disorderly conduct including but not limited to fighting or creating a disturbance, use of profanity and/or threatening action or language to others, theft and/or abuse of company property, disregard to prescribed safety procedures, blatant insubordination, or possession of weapons or illegal drugs will not be tolerated and may be cause for immediate termination. Items that are lost or left behind by either fellow employees or customers must be brought to the manager immediately.
- Not arriving for work for two consecutively scheduled work days, without prior authorization, may be cause for immediate termination.
- Employees are expected to conduct themselves safely. Use common sense when using equipment, knives, hot water, etc. Some equipment may have posted safety rules. If you do not know how to use something or have not had the proper instruction in its use, please ask for assistance from the manager or supervisor. Never run anywhere in the establishment.
- Ayadi Green Cleanwill not tolerate any abuse of legal or illegal substances. Any employee reporting for work or on the company premises under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs will be asked to leave immediately. Should this occur, we will attempt to provide help to ensure the employee arrives home safely. Violations of this policy may result in an employee’s immediate termination.
- Do not smoke in designated non-smoking areas. Do not use profanity.
- We do not restrict you being employed outside the company if those activities do not interfere with the performance of your job.
- Gambling, solicitation, or the distribution of materials is strictly prohibited during work hours. Do not post notices on the bulletin board. Should you have something of interest to share with other employees, ask your manager for approval to post.
- Do not make false, vicious, malicious statements to slander or defame any company employee, company official or owner, or government employee. Failure to observe this may result in your immediate termination.
- Misconduct off duty of such a nature as to reflect negatively on or cause embarrassment to this company may result in your immediate termination.
- Please refrain from discussing tips or money in view or hearing distance of customers and employees. There is no guarantee you will receive a gratuity.
- An employee is expected to give at least two weeks’ notice before terminating employment with the company.
This Employee Handbook was written to inform you about our company and some of its basic policies and benefits. Policies and benefit programs described in this handbook may be changed or eliminated due to a change in our business requirements or applicable legal requirements. Your management team will advise you of any changes.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE RECEIVED AND READ THE BUILDING SERVICES GROUP, INC. EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AND UNDERSTAND ITS PROVISIONS. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY MAY UNILATERALLY MODIFY OR ELIMINATE THE TERMS DESCRIBED IN THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK, AND AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS MAY ONLY BE MODIFIED IN WRITING BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF Ayadi Green Clean.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER ALL PRIOR WRITTEN OR ORAL STATEMENTS REGARDING THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR UNDERSTANDING OR PRACTICES.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY’S EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AND ANY PROVISION CONTAINED IN THE HANDBOOK DO NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT, A GUARANTEE OF ANY OTHER RIGHTS OR BENEFITS, OR A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. I UNDERSTAND THAT MY EMPLOYMENT IS AT WILL AND THAT MY EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, AT THE OPTION OF THE COMPANY OR MY OPTION.
DATE EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes